Volunteer Opportunities at MACSC
- Food Pantry (Tuesdays 11-1, Thursdays 6:00-8:00) or to pick up donations / food orders at Regional Food Bank
- Market 32 - Food Pickups at 10:00 am at the Clifton Park location on Mondays, Wednesday and Fridays
Organization of some office resource files/filing
- Teach a class in an area of your expertise to (computer graphics, writing workshop, crafts, OR whatever...). These programs could be with school-age or younger after-school kids.
- Join our Board of Directors and/or a committee of the Board, and help make decisions that affect your community. Board meetings are on the first Tuesday evening of every month, and are usually done by 7:30! Committees include finance, board development, building expansion, and fundraising.
Ongoing offsite opportunities
- Major holidays toy drives, adopt-a-family activities, Thanksgiving food drives, and school supply drive
- Help with collections of cell phones for domestic violence
- Donation of raffle items for community events
- Community Tree Lighting in December
- VITA tax preparation: Get trained as a tax consultant, with volunteer hours based on your availability, help as a greeter during tax preparation.
free income tax assistance program sponsored by the AARP Foundation and the
IRS, is seeking volunteers for the coming tax season.
volunteers answer questions, prepare and file returns for low to moderate income
taxpayers and seniors from February 1 to April 15 at various sites in the Capital
typically participate one day per week, with flexible schedules to accommodate
is required, but computer experience is helpful for tax counseling. Volunteers who do not wish to prepare returns
are also needed to greet taxpayers, review documents, confirm appointments by
phone, or assist with computer hardware/software matters. Training is provided for
all positions. Volunteers may be reimbursed for a moderate level of necessary
For more information
on how you can join our team in Saratoga, Warren and Washington counties
contact Communication Coordinator Gail Carroll, 518-541-3173 at firstname.lastname@example.org
We have many opportunities for you to share your expertise with us; please call MACSC (518 664 8322) or simply stop in to see us.