Domestic Violence Advocacy Program
DVAP is a licensed, non-residential domestic violence program providing victims/survivors of domestic abuse and violence, and their families, comprehensive services based on their needs and goals.
DVAP is privately located within the Mechanicville Area Community Services Center; providing a safe, comfortable, confidential means of accessing help.
Services are based on individual needs, and may include, but are not limited to:
- Emotional Support
- Safety Planning
- Legal Advocacy
- Personal/Resource Advocacy
- Accompaniment to court
- Information and assistance with navigating Court systems
- Transportation to Court and/or Law Enforcement Offices
- Referral to safe shelter
- Free 911 Cell Phones
- Access to free Attorney consultations
- Education, information and support for victims, friends and family
- Education, information, support and referral for victims of teen dating violence
- Education, information and support for employers
Our staff are available for educational presentations!
Please call about our interactive trainings for
Adults and Teens!
Domestic Violence HOTLINE
Monday through Friday 9:00am-5:00pm
New York State 24-Hour Hotline
In emergencies dial
MACSC General Office Inquiries
Domestic Violence Advocacy Program E-Mail
Main Office Location
The DVAP offices are privately located within the
Mechanicville Area Community Services Center.
DVAP Advocates are also available to meet with victims at our local police departments, including the Mechanicville Police Department,
Stillwater Police Department, and others as requested.
Meg Myers - (518) 664-8322 ext. 314
Amelia Mindel - (518) 664-8322 ext. 312
Samantha Wagner- (518) 664-8322 ext. 310
Andrea Cowell - (518) 664-8322 ext. 303